To ensure highest quality services, choose CARF accredited outpatient substance abuse treatment programs. This accreditation demonstrates that the program holds themselves accountable to the highest standards in the industry. CARF is considered the gold standard and premiere accrediting body for rehabilitation programs. It is a voluntary accreditation process. Organizations seeking accreditation spend their own time and money to undergo the in-depth assessment in order to meet the organization’s stringent standards.
First Step is accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, ensuring not only the highest quality of care, but adherence to the highest core values and codes of ethics.
2016 CARF SURVEY SUMMARY
First Step Services, LLC has strengths in many areas.
- First Step Services’ facilities provide a clean, safe, and therapeutic atmosphere for the persons served and personnel. Treatment programs are accessible and in desirable locations, are well furnished, and allow for privacy.
- The organization’s client-centered approach and ability to help individuals whether they do or do not want treatment has been an asset to recovery outcome results.
- Staff members have a passion to fulfill their goal to help persons served never have a problem with alcohol and drugs again.
- The organization has the ability to work with mandated clients, and staff members work well with the judicial system to provide necessary services.
- External survey results have provided excellent reviews of the clinical staff.
- The organization has embraced the use of technology and uses an electronic records system for clinical records and human resource and financial records.
- The executive director has created an Employee Ownership Plan for employees of First Step Services.
- Staff members are provided with five educational days each year, which enables them to obtain off-site continuing education.
- First Step Services is piloting telehealth for substance abuse assessments in its Cary office.
- First Step Services has a very dedicated clinical team that sincerely cares and is passionate about providing quality services.
- Clients consistently reported that the staff creates a safe environment. One client described First Step Services as a “safe haven.”
- Staff members and referral sources report that the executive director has established a person- centered culture. One referral source stated that the executive director empowers staff members to do the right thing.
- First Step Services provides Family and Community Education (FACE) groups for no feef or individuals in the community to learn about family issues of substance abuse and how treatment works.
- The persons served comment on how treatment services are provided to a widely diverse group from all walks of life.
- Persons served also report that the family night is a huge value.
- Referral sources are extremely satisfied with the services provided and are impressed with the work staff members do.
- There is a real team approach with referral sources working to provide the necessary services to the persons served.
- Group and individual sessions are personalized and help individuals learn to accept responsibility and continue with recovery by identifying what individual clients need to do afterwards.
- First Step Services is dedicated to providing quality services and embraces using the CARF standards to promote continuous quality improvement.
Continuous Quality Improvement
The areas to continue improvement are all related to non-clinical documentation, risk management, staff trainings, policies & procedures. In areas of ethics, client & patient care, person centered care and medical records, there were no recommendations for improvement across the board.